Saudi Arabia has long been a curiosity to travelers who want to experience the nation’s culture and history, making it a hotspot as a tourism destination.
High on what tourists want to experience while visiting are culture, religion, and education.
For Muslims, it is common to engage in Umrah at the Holy Mosque and Mecca.
For non-Muslims, they can now come and experience the Islamic culture from the birthplace of Islam itself.
Being able to spend time in Saudi Arabia provides non-Muslims with the opportunity to understand Umrah through education with inbound historical tourism being part of the experience.
Participants will gain a complete understanding of Saudi culture, which in turn may help to build a global understanding of the nuances and practices of the country. This is especially beneficial for American universities that are interested in global culture.
To Open a Door, Step Through the World of Education
An exciting enrichment program for exchange students from American colleges and universities to expand their knowledge of Saudi Arabia and its culture was developed at Umm Al-Qura University. The university campus is in a non-Umrah zone, so most non-Muslims may easily enter through this educational doorway.
While enjoying their journey through the country, visitors can also learn Arabic and visit Islamic sites outside of Mecca such as the city of Medina in western Saudi Arabia where the vast Prophet’s Mosque (Al-Masjid an-Nabawi) is a major Islamic pilgrimage site. South Arabia is a historical region that consists of the southern region of the Arabian Peninsula in Western Asia, which historically includes Najran, Jizan, Al-Bahah, and Asir in Saudi Arabia. Riyadh, which lies in the central region, is the capital city of Saudi Arabia and now rivals any modern city in the world in the splendor of its architecture.
Those who participate in this educational program who are not from American and European countries may readily enter the country with a tourist visa. As a bonus, COMPANY NAME? can also organize fam trips from North America, Europe, Indonesia, and other CIS (Commonwealth of Independent) countries – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
Arabic Language in the Eyes of the World and the Kingdom
Arabic Language occupies a significant status in the eyes of the world being a language of unique history deeply rooted in the human civilization of the Arabian Region in different scientific, cultural, and urban fields. So the Government of Saudi Arabia pays special attention to supporting and enhancing its status and propagate teaching it to non-native speakers to make available the horizons of communication and cultural and economic exchange in different areas.
Arabic Language in figures
- 4th position in the world as a mother tongue
- 420 million speak Arabic as a mother tongue
- 2nd position among the world’s most widespread language
- Arabic 130 million speak as a second language
- 6.6% of world’s population speak Arabic
- 165 MB size of the use of Arabic online
- 6.6% of the world population in 25 countries
- Umm Al-Qura University
- Umm Al-Qura Institute for Teaching Arabic Language to Non-native Speakers
- Wadi Makkah Al-Mukarramah Company – Knowledge
- About Umm Al-Qura Series of Teaching Arabic Language to Non-Native Speakers.
- Learning Arabic Language Programs in Makkah Al-Mukarramah.
- A diploma program for teaching the Arabic Language.
- A course for preparing teachers of Arabic Language as a second language.
- The courses’ accompanying program.
Umm Al-Qura University
It is one of the biggest and longest-running universities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. We look forward to achieving excellence in education, research, and innovation to contribute to the knowledge economy and serving the community on the basis of the Kingdom’s Arabic and Islamic depth. The university takes special care of the Arabic Language to enhance and develop its use as a language of science and culture by supporting language research and products that focus on developing the Arabic Language at both levels of syntax and morphology, and linguistic and cultural heritage studies.
About Umm Al-Qura Series for Teaching Arabic to Non-Native Speakers
It is a unique educational series designed and developed in accordance with a pioneering scientific and academic background in the area of teaching Arabic Language. Further, the series is based on the experience and knowledge of Umm Al-Qura University represented by the Institute for Teaching Arabic Language to Non-native Speakers, Wadi Makkah-Knowledge, and the pioneering Institutions of the Arabic world emerging from the cradle of Arabic Language.
The Series Objectives
- Enhancing the status of Arabic Language among world languages.
- Instilling the love of Arabic Language in the learners’ hearts.
- Achieving quality requirements in teaching Arabic Language.
- The Series Components
- 8 student books 4 teacher books
- An interactive computer copy
- Smart mobiles applications
- Specialized mono-lingual dictionary
- Gradual stories
- Audio-visual clips
- Real communication situations